How to change Icon for your desktop?
- Download and save the icon file (in zip file format) from the
- Unzip the icon file into a new folder by using Winzip (if you
don't have Winzip installed in your PC, you can download it from the Software section of
this web site).
- Go to "Start" menu.
- Choose "Setting" option.
- Choose "Control Panel" option. A Control Panel
window pops up.
- Double click on the "Display" Icon. A "Display
Properties" window appears.
- Click on the "Pointers" tab at the top to bring that
page to the front. The window will show your current desktop icons
- Select the icon you want to change.
- Select the "Change Icon" button. A Change Icon
window appears. It shows the current icon picture in use for the particular application
you chose to change.
- Click the "Browse" button.
- Navigate to the folder where you saved the unzipped icon file
- Select the icon you want.
- Click the "OK" button. Your new icon picture will
show instead of the old one.